What are you thinking about at this very moment? Better yet, what thoughts consume your mind the most throughout the day? Did you know, that the thing you think about the most, is ultimately the direction your life is headed? “But wait–it’s just a thought! No one else knows about it but me!” “It’s not going to hurt anybody!” Oh no my friend, the very opposite is true. What you think about affects everyone around you! How? Because it all starts with a thought in your HEAD, then it becomes the thesis of your HEART, then develops into the trade of your HANDS! This is true of all aspects of life whether it be good or bad.
The Bible challenges us in Romans 8: 5-9,
“For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.”
To have carnal (sinful) thoughts is to stop the very process in which God transforms you into His image. A filthy mind is a crippling cancer, that will rob you of all God wants you to be for His glory! When a Christian man puts filth in his mind by the subtle devices of Satan (pornography, carnal TV shows, wrong kinds of music, etc…) he cannot expect a righteous return from a carnal investment.
So what can I do to WATCH my Thoughts?
- Guard your EYES (Job 31:1). Ask God to help you have an immediate response to avert your eyes from things that displease Him. Your eyes are a computer–once an image is seen, it is hard to erase.
- Guard your EARS. Place the filter on your device, and give you spouse/parent the pass-code. Don’t give yourself an easy environment to sin. What comes in, must eventually come out!
If your will ask God to help you guard these gateways of the mind, He can then start to fill you with thoughts that are “ …true, honest, just, pure, lovely, and of a good report…” (Philippians 4:8)
Psalms 10: 4 – “The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.”
- 5 Ways Dr. Bobby Roberson Influenced Me – Pastor Paul Chappell
- Living through Dying
- Many Shall See It (Psalm 40:1-3)
- Freedom through Serving (Romans 6:18)
- Gaining Through Losing (Phil. 3:7-8)