by Bro. Tim Hicks
Psalm 40:1-3 – “I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. 2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. 3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.”
When we trust Christ as our Savior, we become new creatures. “Old things have passed away, behold all things are become new” (II Cor. 5:17). Notice, through David’s example, what things we have in Christ.
1. His Perception – “he…heard my cry”
God is interested in you and me. He is always ready to hear our prayers.
2. His Position – “he brought me up”
He doesn’t pull us up to where he is, he comes to where we are and brings us up to Himself.
3. His Place – “he… set my feet upon a rock”
He set my feet on Christ the solid rock.
4. His Path – “he…established my goings”
God has established a plan for you.
5. His Praise – “he hath put a new song in my mouth”
The change that Jesus makes in your heart far surpasses anything of this world. Many will see it. What is “it”?
“It” – the change that Christ makes in your life. Do others see Jesus in you?
How can others see the change in my life?
1. By My Desires – Goals (Gal. 5:24)
2. By My Discussion – My speech reflects my heart. (Matt. 12:34)
“What is in the well of the heart comes out the bucket of the mouth.”
3. By my Decisions – Choices
You cannot properly represent someone unless you know them. If you have never trusted Jesus Christ as you personal Savior, you can know Him today and began a life of showing Him to others.